Another month, another beauty edit! I don’t know about you, but I’m really enjoying rounding up all of the products that I’ve been loving in the last four weeks and sharing them with you. So without further adieu, the products that I could not get enough of in the month of April:
- Cane + Austin Miracle Pads – I still love my Arbonne Genius Pads, but I tried these out as a recommendation from a friend and I honestly cannot get enough! I’ve always struggled with breakouts. It’s never been anything too severe or unmanageable, but it’s one of those things where I’d always have at least one stubborn pimple on my face. Since using these, I hardly ever get a breakout! And when I do, it’s really easy to get rid of. More than that, these pads also help to reduce dark spots from previous pimple scars. I use one at night (although you can use them during the day as well) after cleansing, and in the morning my skin is brighter, more dewey, and pimple-free! This is definitely a product that will be in my skincare routine for years to come.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer – This was another product that was suggested to me by a dear friend, and it has completely changed my life! Before this product, I thought that all primers were created equal. I can’t begin to tell you how wrong I was! I put a small pump of this on before I start my makeup, and it makes everything stay for the majority of the day. I’m not going to lie to you and say that your makeup will be in impeccable condition at the end of a 14-hour work day, but it will be pretty darn close. In my opinion, no other primer compares!
- Essence Eyeshadow in Triple Choc – I’ve included essence products in a previous post and I’m including the brand again for a couple of different reasons. First, their products are incredibly affordable! If you’re looking to try out a new makeup trend, but don’t know how it will pan out, I definitely recommend essence! They offer a wide variety products that start as low as $2 and are honestly excellent quality. I love this particular essence shadow because it’s warm, buildable, and great for every day.
- Eminence Hungarian Mud Treatment – Because my skin is so acne-prone and oily, I love to use masks fairly regularly and I especially love when they’re active. This mask is perfect for just that. The minute you put it on your skin, you can feel it at work! It might be a bit uncomfortable for some (especially if you have sensitive skin.) However, the tingling sensation subsides after a few minutes, and the results that you get afterward are unparalleled. I use this when I feel like my skin is being particularly problematic and it helps to clear up any stubborn breakouts.
- Elizabeth + James Nirvana Dry Shampoo (White and Black) – The minute I saw that my long-time beloved Elizabeth and James perfumes were now being made as dry shampoos, I knew I had to try them out. And let me just say this: they do not disappoint. Imagine bottling each fragrance and having your hair smell like that full-time. Sheer. Bliss. If you’re wondering which one I like to use and when, I always prefer spraying a combination of the two. Black gives a nice deep scent, while White lightens things up, making the sweetest combination ever. Everyone will be asking you what you’re wearing!
- L’Oreal Techni Art Next Day Hair – You guys know that I love a good texturizing spray. While my Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray will always have a place in my heart, I’ve found that in the month of April, I was reaching for this one quite a bit more. What I like about this particular product is that it’s incredibly light. I can spray a generous amount in my hair, achieve amazing texture, but still maintain a certain level of softness. I’d definitely recommend it if your hair is on the thinner side or if you want texture without sacrificing the movement.
- Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Powder Foundation – One thing that you need to know about me as a makeup consumer is that I love to try different products, but once I find something that works, it’s tough for me to switch. Foundation is no exception. For years I was using only the Lancome Teint Idole 24-hour Foundation. Nothing else worked for me; nothing else mattered. I tried the Jane Iredale Foundation after much convincing by a skincare expert I really trust. She explained to me that if I wanted my skin to improve, I would have to use something that steered clear of acne-causing ingredients found in a lot of foundations today! Enter Jane Iredale. I’ve been using this foundation ever since and really love it. It’s matte, stays all day, and still gives me the great coverage I had with my Lancome foundation.
Shop my April Favorites: